Wednesday, January 6, 2010

xkcd... really?

I hate xkcd, but not because of its humor (which I don't mind.) I hate xkcd because of its fandom, mostly the high school fanboys.

I hate the fanboys. They're always where you expect them: in YouTube comment threads, on Newgrounds, etc. And what's more, they smugly quote xkcd, acting like they're engineers or something for knowing what a furry is. Their logic goes something like this: "Randy's an engineer. Randy knows what a furry is. I know what a furry is. I must be an engineer."

So to clarify:





And while I'm hating on xkcd, I'd just like to say I hate extreme fans of pretty much everything. The other day I was looking around on the net for LCARS stuff (I love the way LCARS looks) and I stumbled across a little thread of some sort. Naturally, it was full of Trekkies. Part of the exchange went something like this:

A Fan: Better set the fazers to stun!
Fan who Knows Stuff: Actually, it's phasers.
Trekkie (not Trekker): haha, pwned!
Yeah, nothing's more important than knowing the correct spelling of "phasers." Fans can be so retarded sometimes!

Okay, I'm done now :)

</soapbox>

No comments:

Post a Comment