Saturday, February 13, 2010

Night of '10 Jan 11 - JJ Abrams

It's been a while since I've had a weird dream. I've had trouble remembering them. But I remembered this one for some reason.

Recently I got the Adobe CS4 Production Premium, complete with Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, and many others. This has thrown me into a filmmaking frenzy. I haven't made any real full length feature films yet (I'll let you know when I do) but I'm beginning to get all of these great ideas for them. It's as if having the tools to create has inspired creation.

Anyway, last night I had this dream...

I had a dream that I came up with some genius idea for a movie, and that some famous producer was considering funding it. Naturally, I was flattered that any big name producer would even consider producing a film by an inexperienced director like myself.

It turns out that this producer was the one and only J.J. Abrams. Abrams is my favorite filmmaker of all time. I contacted him, even though every part of me believed he wouldn't want to deal with me. I thought I would do it just so I could say I did. You can imagine my shock when I got a phone call saying he was coming over to my house to talk with me about my idea!

So he shows up at my house, and as I open the door, I see Mr. Thompson, a teacher of mine, staring right back at me.

MR. THOMPSON WAS J.J. ABRAMS! I asked him why he never told me this secret, and he said it was because he never thought it was relevant. This made things even better because he knows me and would undoubtedly want to produce my film.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment